Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day - 2022

 


It’s Father’s Day and if my Dad was still around he would be 109…….but that didn’t happen.  As it is he has been gone for quite some time.  In the photo he is the skinny guy on the left making the anvil ring and learning the family blacksmithing trade from his father, Wallace, who is standing proud, front and center.  

I never knew my Grampa Wallace or Carl Goff and Ed St. Germain, Ford County Kansas locals who are standing in the back.  Hard workers, all and decent men.  If I could talk to them, I would thank them for being part of the village that raised my Dad and for making him the man that he was.  

If I could talk to my Dad again, well that conversation could go on forever because he was so bright and inquisitive, willing to talk to anyone about anything, had a lot to say and was full of brilliant solutions.  My friends liked to come over to hang out and spend time talking to him.  I mean…….Who can say that about their Dads?  He and I have a lot to catch up on.  

For now, I will just say: “Daddy, thanks for being the Father that you were and making me who I am today.  And that hammer of yours in the photo?  I still have it, still use it and think about you every time I make an anvil ring.



Happy Father's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment